Saturday 3 November 2012

WHAT WE DID IN CLASS - NOVEMBER 2ND


Starter unit

§ Vocabulary: adjectives / routines. Boring, cheap, clean, common, far, dangerous, difficult, easy, exciting, expensive, healthy, heavy, light, noisy, unhealthy, weak, safe, get home, get the bus, go shopping, tidy your room, wake up

§ Language Focus: comparative and superlative adjectives / present simple.

1. Comparing: much better than..., a bit / a lot, more interesting than..., not as (interesting) as..., as (good) as

2. Time Word: on (Thursdays / Thursday evenings / at the weekend / at night / at (about) seven o’clock / in the morning / afternoon / evening / every (Friday) / twice / (three times) a (week, a month, etc)

Unit one

3. Vocabulary:

ü Television: Advert, audition,  audience, broadcast, channel,  character, game show, news, medical drama participant, show, sitcom, soap opera, sports programme, presenter, profit, quiz show, talent show, TV channel / programme / viewer / weather forecast

ü My news: you look happy / sad / fed up / pleased, I’ve got some amazing / good / bad / terrible news, Really?, tell me all about it, what happened?, you are kidding!, how did it go?, that’s good news, what’s your news? Oh, no news, really

§ Language Focus: Past Simple

1. Comparing opinions: in my opinion / (there are a lot ) / I think (the answer is a...) /I agree with you / I don’t agree / I think so, too, / I’m not sure / I don’t think so

2. Talking about News: you look happy / fed up / pleased, I've got some amazing / good / bad news, Really?, Tell me about it, What happened?, You are kidding!, That’s good news, What’s your news?

Unit two

Vocabulary:

ü Household Goods: Bar, barbecue, basket, bottle top, box, carton, can, crate, glass, jar, jug, mug, roll and saucer

ü Pollution and environment:  throw away, bury, pollute, reuse, waste, recycle, destroy, burn, poison, save, polystyrene cups, cardboard boxes, plastic bags, waste food, washing powder, used cooking oil, plastic bottles, paper bags, glass jars, old newspaper, plastic sandwich boxes, bottle tops

Language Focus:

·                        Relative clauses: who + people / which + things and animals / that +people, things and animals / where + places

·      Saying numbers: much / many / a lot of / some / any. Too much /U) + noun/ too many (C) + noun / enough / not enough

Unit three

·     Vocabulary:

-    Internet :email, instant messaging, file sharing, blog , download,  , post a message, personal webpage, chat room, online games, search engine, webcam, send an email attachment, virtual, real, psychologists

-    Cybercrime: hacker, virus, anti-virus software, inbox  password, firewall, spam, phishing, spam filter

·     Grammar and functions:

·     Present perfect: regular / irregular verbs – questions

·     Phrases to know: What is it? / What´s the matter? / I’m afraid  (I lost your file) / I didn’t mean to / I don’t know how it happened / I'm really sorry / Don’t worry / It won’t happened again

 

No comments: