Tuesday 11 September 2012

MIGHT


Be          Buy          Get          Give         Go            Have          Leave            Visit
I)  Complete the following sentences using these verbs:


1. I …………………………………… some change if you need it.

2. We …………………………… to Jamaica next year. Our friends will be there.

3. I …………………………… Sue a call and see if she wants to come.

4. I think he ………………………… to the football match tonight.

5. They…………………………… it if they can get a good price.

6. I ………………………… the job. There were lots of good candidates.

7. Sophie ………………………… next week if she can get a couple of days off work.

8. I ……………………… home late. I’ve got a lot of work to finish before I can leave.

 

II)  Match to complete the sentences:

1. What’s in the parcel?                                  …… It might be in the suitcase.

2. I can’t find my purse. I think                …… he might be late.

3. Where are Jenny and Stella?                      …… Yes, I think he might be stuck in the traffic.                    

4. Larry called. He said                             …… I might left it in that last shop.

5. Why are you taking a coat?                          …… It might be the t-shirts I ordered online.

6. Stan is late.                                               …… They might have gone out to play in the park.

7. Where is your passport?                        ……The forecast said it might rain later.


III) Identify what sentences express: possibility, condition, request, suggestion.

1. She might be on the bus. I think her car is having problems. …………………………………………

2. If I had entered the contest, I might actually have won. ………………………………………………

3. You might try the cheesecake. ………………………………………………………………………………………………

4. Might I have something to drink? …………………………………………………………………………………………

5. I'm not sure how she got to work. She might have taken the bus. ………………………………

6. Might I borrow the stapler? …………………………………………………………………………………………………

7. Even if I entered the contest, I might not win. …………………………………………………………………

8. They might give us a 10% discount. ………………………………………………………………………………………

 

No comments: