Thursday 27 October 2011

TRANSFORMATIONS

·        Put a suitable Word in each space
1.My tea is __________ hot to drink at the moment
2.Tom had __________ homework, that he had to stay up until midnight
3. There were _________ people in front of us that we couldn’t see
4. There were __________ customers that the shop closed down
5.The room wasn’t large _________ for so many guests
6.She was _________ too tired that she fell asleep on the train
7.We had ­­­____________ money that we couldn't even buy a sandwich

·        Rewrite each sentence so that it means the same
1.  I didn’t use that piece of string, because it was too short (Enough) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
2.  The question was so difficult that I had to ask for help (Too) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
3.  There weren’t many seats for all the guests (Enough) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
4.  I haven’t got enough time to do all my work (Too) ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
5.  Sorry, but I haven’t got a little time (Enough) ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
6.  Helen is not old enough to drive a car (Too) ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
7.  I felt really tired, so I stayed at home and had a rest (Because) ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
8.  The question was so difficult that I had to ask for help (such) ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
9.  There weren’t enough seats for all the guests (Many) ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
10.  There weren’t enough seats for all the guests (few) ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
11.  I couldn’t take any more clothes as there wasn’t any space in my suitcase (Little) ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
12.  It was such a good play that the audience cheered (So) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
13.  I’ve got such a lot of work that I can go out (So) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
14.  She had lot of children and didn’t know what to do (Many) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
15.  I haven’t got enough time to do all my work (Too) …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

No comments: